Teams of students use kNex to explore a range of engineering bridge designs: Arch, Cable Stayed, Cantilever, Suspension and Truss. They then build some examples from instructions before being set a problem to solve as a team.
- Working positively on new challenges;
- Generating ideas to improve something;
- Exploring problems by investigating the pros and cons of different solutions;
- Contributing to group decision making;
- Keep trying when something goes wrong and encourage others to keep trying too.
Each session is a minimum of 1.5 hours, we can be flexible in providing back-to-back sessions across the school day delivering to different class groups. Please contact us to discuss specific requirements to cover different classes or year groups as delivery can be flexible to meet needs.
State Primary & SEN discounted*
- £500/ full day
- £275/ half day
- Bookings on 2 consecutive days 10% discount
- 3 or more bookings made in same enquiry 20% discount
Independent Schools £600/ full day, £330 half day
We may have funding available to support your ability to take part in this workshop particularly for schools with high levels of Pupil Premium/SEN. Please enquire when booking.