Work with Us
SATRO is an educational charity with a small staff team of tutors who work in schools across the South East of England. They are backed by a core team based in our offices on the Research Park in Guildford. Our delivery in schools is also led by SATRO Associates with specific experience and supported by our team of corporate and community volunteers. We also work in partnership with both corporates and similar educational delivery organisations to extend our reach and expand our offer.
Inspire the next Generation
Join our Staff Team
SATRO is a small but highly impactful educational charity working with young people from the ages of 8-18 in schools across Surrey and its bordering counties. We work with corporates and charitable funders to inspire a new generation of students in their interests, their pathways for the future and support the build the skills they will need. Specifically we provide:
- Skills Building
- Online Resources
We are based in the Technology Centre on the Research Park at the University of Surrey in Guildford. The Centre, situated just off the A3, is home to new start-ups and innovative young companies. It has a canteen and is a 10 minute walk to the Surrey Sports Park and a short bus ride to the centre of Guildford.
The staff team is made up of those who deliver directly our workshops and qualifications directly into schools, those that support our volunteer network and careers offers and a head office team who focus on educational programme delivery, sales & marketing, fundraising, strategy, finance and HR.
CURRENT VACANCIES - STEM TUTORS
STEM TUTOR to deliver a full range of workshops, cross-school challenges and events in schools. Trainee and experienced applicants welcome - salary dependent on experience up to £30k+
- Practical experience of STEM subjects & work in educational settings or youth groups
- A passion to pass on your skills to young people and help them succeed in life
- Relevant teaching experience and/or qualifications
- An ability to tailor teaching styles to differing ability groups at key stages 2-5
- Excellent communication skills & rapport with young people
- Ability to work on your own to deliver a workshop and with corporate volunteers
- Enthusiasm to support the development of new materials, workshops and events
- A full driving license - the role will require regular travel to schools
- The role will require a DBS check and references
- Term time and family friendly part-time working available
Please send a CV with a covering letter explaining your interest in working with an educational charity by January 22nd 2021.
Become a SATRO Associate
SATRO works with STEM and Business professionals who wish to use their knowledge and experience to contribute inspiring and educating students. We offer the opportunity to work with SATRO to deliver specific activities on a contract basis. This may be as a self-employed consultant, as part of an organisation with similar aims to SATRO on an ad-hoc basis. Our Associates will normally bring a specific skill set and experience of working with young people.
We currently have Associates that support both our STEM and Mentoring programmes and are always keen to extend the breadth and reach of what we do.
If you are interested in finding out more:
Partner with SATRO
SATRO works with a number of organisations and companies in the delivery of specific events where we will take the lead in administering, marketing or delivering the event. This can take a number of different forms:
- We have a long term partnership with TeenTech, for example, to deliver their event in Surrey taking the full responsibility of funding, attracting corporate exhibitors, marketing to schools, organising and running the event to support the TeenTech team.
- We work with the Local Enterprise Partnerships to run careers events for students, parents and school staff.
- We have partnered with corporate sponsors to deliver events into schools including for example an Energy Monitoring Programme to primary schools with the support of Signify, PowerCor and TR Control Solutions.
- We have partnered with small STEM delivery organisations to adopt and market their workshops into schools, for example Lets Learn Energy.
- We are part of the Erasmus+ research programme with partners from across Europe.
We are open to discussions on partnerships which align with our charitable aims. Please get in contact if you would like to work with SATRO:
Become a SATRO Patron or Trustee
SATRO's charitable aims and work supported by our volunteer patrons and guided by our trustees.
Our Patrons have a specific interest in the work we do and the area in which we operate. They provide their support to our charitable aims and support our involvement in the wider community as well as supporting our key events.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of SATRO, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
If you are interested in becoming a patron or trustee of SATRO then please do get in contact with our Chair of Trustees:
Email Chair of Trustees
Volunteer with SATRO
SATRO volunteers support our programmes and events in STEM, Careers and Mentoring. They provide a crucial link to the workplace for students, mentoring and support the delivery both in class and online. We accept volunteers from corporate programmes and our local community. To find out more:
Visit our Volunteering Page