This is a unique opportunity to make a difference to students seeking vocational skills. Working within the charitable sector you will have the opportunity to teach BTEC Level 1 Construction or a SATRO Construction Skills Course to students aged 14 - 19 in school. Providing opportunities to progress to college, apprenticeships or employment training.
Assistant Head Teacher, 2021 “A wonderful opportunity to students to engage in a meaningful programme that develops students both socially and academically. The SATRO construction course offers students real currency and enables them to succeed practically, setting them up as desirable candidates to progress onto college courses and apprenticeships. This is what vocational education should be!”
We offer the opportunity to go out with one of the team to gain a full understanding of the role prior to interview. Full training and support is provided.
- We have a long term partnership with TeenTech, for example, to deliver their event in Surrey taking the full responsibility of funding, attracting corporate exhibitors, marketing to schools, organising and running the event to support the TeenTech team.
- We work with the Local Enterprise Partnerships to run careers events for students, parents and school staff.
- We have partnered with corporate sponsors to deliver events into schools including for example an Energy Monitoring Programme to primary schools with the support of Signify, PowerCor and TR Control Solutions.
- We have partnered with small STEM delivery organisations to adopt and market their workshops into schools, for example Lets Learn Energy.
- We are part of the Erasmus+ research programme with partners from across Europe.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of SATRO, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.