This activity is for students in Years 3-8 with differentiated topics. Student will work in pairs, one class at a time, to code a BBC microbit to control Invent Engineer robot vehicles with an iPad.
- Code the vehicle to go forward, reverse and turn using Blocks “drag and drop” software to create a working model;
- Code the LED screen to display images and messages;
- Code the vehicle to use sensors to detect obstructions and alter course;
- Code the vehicle to complete a course.
- Working positively on new challenges;
- Generating ideas to improve something;
- Exploring problems by investigating the pros and cons of different solutions;
- Contributing to group decision making;
- Keep trying when something goes wrong and encourage others to keep trying too.
A full day at school which provides three classes in separate sessions (x30 pupils in each session). Typically two sessions in the morning and one in the afternoon. This session is run by a SATRO STEM Tutor with experience in education and has undertaken Robotics Training at the European Space Agency.
Please contact us to discuss specific requirements to cover different classes or year groups as delivery can be flexible to meet needs.
State Primary & SEN discounted*
- £500/ full day
- £275/ half day
- Bookings on 2 consecutive days 10% discount
- 3 or more bookings made in same enquiry 20% discount
Independent Schools £600/ full day, £330 half day
We may have funding available to support your ability to take part in this workshop particularly for schools with high levels of Pupil Premium/SEN. Please enquire when booking.