Primary and Secondary School Ocean Resources
Our aim here at SATRO is to inspire and enthuse young people in their understanding of STEM subjects and careers. Our activities and events encourage students to challenge their perceptions and look at new innovative ways of thinking as they learn.
Our team have selected this material for you with those aims in mind. We hope it will continue to inspire your interest in STEM.
What we provide on this page links to existing websites and materials, recognising their ownership and responsibility for the content. We are not recommending any particular information source, rather we are trying to expand your horizons in looking for information that will be of interest to you.
Introduction to Oceans
An Ocean is a body of water that composes much of a planet's hydrosphere. On Earth, an Ocean is one of the major conventional divisions of the World Ocean. These are, in descending order by area, the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern, and Arctic Oceans. An Ocean is a large area of water between continents. Oceans are very big and they join smaller seas together.
Careers Information - Primary Schools
Resources - Primary Schools
Careers Information - Secondary Schools
Resources - Secondary Schools
- What are the 5 Oceans of the World?
- Why We Need to Stop Plastic Pollution in Our Oceans
- What's at the bottom of the Sea?
- Scientists are trying to save Coral Reefs
- What Will The Ocean Be Like in 2050?
- How Ocean Currents Impact The World
- What is Under The Ocean's Hood?
- Future Ocean Resources
- UN Sustainability Goal 14 Life Below Water
- 11 Quotes about the Ocean that remind us to protect it