Students will work in pairs, one class at a time, will design, build and code models using Lego bricks, an Ipad, motors and sensors. A focus on sustainable future for our planet. The activity will be differentiated by age and ability.
- Learn coding;
- Write, adapt and create own code;
- Design and construct Lego models;
- Brainstorm to find creative alternative solutions;
- Learn to communicate, share ideas and work together;
- Work on simple machines, gears, levers, pulleys transmission of motion;
- Use feedback to identify faults and improve their model.
- Explore problems by thinking about the advantages and disadvantages of possible solutions;
- Keep trying when something goes wrong and encourage others to keep trying too;
- Work with a positive attitude to new challenges;
- Work well with others and support others if you can.
Delivery can be flexible by age group, for example an hour for KS1 to 1.5 hours for KS2. We can be flexible in providing back-to-back sessions across the school day as part of a full-day booking delivering to different class groups.
Please contact us to discuss specific requirements to cover different classes or year groups as delivery can be flexible to meet needs.
State Primary & SEN discounted*
- £500/ full day
- £275/ half day
- Bookings on 2 consecutive days 10% discount
- 3 or more bookings made in same enquiry 20% discount
Independent Schools £600/ full day, £330 half day
* As part of SATRO's charitable purpose
We may have funding available to support your ability to take part in this workshop particularly for schools with high levels of Pupil Premium/SEN. Please enquire when booking.