An opportunity for pupils to learn about Sustainability and the solutions to Climate Change. Students assess our impact on the world and understand how to become more environmentally friendly.
Curriculum Topics: Science, Geography, Mathematics, D&T and PSE.
How the day works?
A flexible workshop delivered in 90 - 120 minutes covering renewable energy and sustainable transportation.
The workshop will cover:
- Fossil Fuels vs Renewable Energy
- Carbon Footprint
- Transport Comparisons
The goals for Sustainable Future are to:
- Know why we need to use Renewable Energy rather than Non-Renewable Energy
- Know about Wind, Solar, Tidal, Hydroelectric, Geothermal and Biomass energy
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of different types of energy
- Be able to calculate and reduce your own carbon footprint
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of different forms of transport
- Evaluate current and future transport options using real life data
- Calculate and compare carbon emissions for transport types
- Consider new transport innovations and design your own solutions.
This workshop addresses many of the issues of COP26 and the solutions to Climate Change.
How much does it cost?
Each session is a minimum of 1.5 hours, we can be flexible in providing back-to-back sessions across the school day delivering to different class groups.
State & SEN discounted* to £250/ half day discount of 10% for same day £475/ full day
Independent Schools £600/ full day
* As part of SATRO's charitable purpose
We may have funding available to support your ability to take part in this workshop. Please enquire when booking.