Inheritance & Evolution
Join Charles Darwin on The Beagle and discover the amazing world of natural selection and explore the theory of evolution, the science behind it and the history of scientific discovery.
Curriculum Topics: Evolution, Adaptation
How the day works
Join Charles Darwin on The Beagle and discover the amazing world of natural selection and evolution. Explore the theory of evolution, the science behind it and the history of scientific discovery.
What will be covered:
- the story of The Beagle and Darwin’s work on the Galapagos islands,
- the mechanism of natural selection,
- how living things are adapted to their environment.
The goals of the Darwin’s finches workshop are to allow students:
- to explore the process of natural selection through practical activities,
- to develop communication skills by explaining what they have learned,
- to develop their understanding of the relationship between living things and their environment.
- Recognise that living things have changed over time.
- Identify how animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment in different ways and that adaptation may lead to evolution.
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of specific adaptations.
We offer a range of workshops that will support your Primary Science curriculum. Each topic is a short 45 to 90 minutes which can be fitted around your timetable within different year groups.
Each session is a minimum of 1.5 hours, we can be flexible in providing back-to-back sessions across the school day delivering to different class groups. This could allow 2-3 class groups to take part in a full day delivery.
State & SEN discounted*
- £500/ full day ,
- £275/ half day
- Bookings on 2 consecutive days 10% discount
- 3 or more bookings in same enquiry 20% discount
Independent Schools £600/ full day, £330 half day
* As part of SATRO's charitable purpose
We may have funding available to support your ability to take part in this workshop particularly for schools with high levels of Pupil Premium/SEN. Please enquire when booking.