Science of Health
A workshop looking at the definition of health and how it is measured through practical activities, group work and technology. Using VR technology and health apps we bring learning to life.
Curriculum Topics: Science, Maths and PSHE
What will the workshop cover?
A workshop that supports an understanding all aspects of physical health, and the different ways health can be measured.
What will be covered:
- What it means to be healthy and how we define health;
- Using practical activities to explore how health can be measured using scientific equipment;
- The parts of the digestive system and its function;
- What constitutes a balanced diet.
Within the workshop student will use medical equipment to measure pulse, blood pressure and lung capacity. They will also have the opportunity to use Ipads and a Health App to view internal organ systems.
The goals for the Health workshop are to allow students:
- to explore what it means to be healthy;
- to practice measuring and recording data accurately;
- to be able to explain good health.
- taking measurements, using a range of scientific equipment;
- recognise the impact of diet, exercise, drugs and lifestyle on the way their bodies function;
- describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food.
How much does it cost?
Price for a half day £250 with a discount 10% discount on a second session the same day (£475). Please contact us to discuss specific requirements to cover different classes or year groups as delivery can be flexible to meet needs.
We may have funding available to support your ability to take part in this workshop particularly for schools with high levels of Pupil Premium. Please enquire when booking.