Enterprise and Business Game
Curriculum Topics: Number, Statistics, Measurement & Working Scientifically.
How the day works?
Teams of students run a manufacturing business for the day, taking on the roles of CEO, Head of Marketing, Accountant etc. They will:
- Manufacture products, buy supplies and sell their products
- Produce marketing campaigns and win orders from buyers
- Manage their finances and operate their bank account
- Deal with emergencies e.g. stock market crash or a strike
The day is fast and furious, sometimes stressful (just like the real working world!) and hugely exciting for students and teachers.
SATRO Business Games are suitable for all abilities. All our games are delivered by expert staff who will bring with them all the equipment required, and involve volunteer business people from all areas of the working world, giving young people a chance to talk to 'business ambassadors' about their day jobs.
How much does it cost?
A full day at school for group of up to 150 students. We also offer a discount for back-to-back bookings to cover larger or different year groups for example in MATS and school clusters.
Independent Schools - £1,000/day State & SEN discounted* to £850/day
*As part of SATRO's charitable purpose
What are the benefits of this activity?
How Students Benefit:
- Engages them in problem solving and working to tight deadlines, individually and in teams
- Brings Numeracy and Literacy to life in a practical, hands-on way
- Understand job roles and how a business works
- Gives them experience of working with business people and an opportunity to discuss careers.
How Teachers Benefit:
- Helps enhance the national curriculum and reinforce learning objectives
- Links the curriculum to career opportunities
- Enables teachers to develop links with businesses for the future
- Contributes towards continuous professional development programmes.
How Schools Benefit:
- Assists with meeting requirements to achieve specialist status in Business & Enterprise
- Helps enhance the schools' reputation
- Develops links to local companies through the business volunteers involved in the activity.