- Key Stage 3: Rodborough (runners up: Heathside)
- Key Stage 4: ACS Cobham (runners up: More House)
- Key Stage 5: Godalming College (runners up: George Abbot)
· Company Activities: to introduce them to the work they do and the careers available with Air Products, Atkins, BCS, Beard, CNOOC, COINS, KPMG, Let’s Learn Energy, NatureMetrics, National Physics Laboratory, Pfizer, Powercor, Royal Horticultural Society, Thames Water.
· SATRO Workshops: Air Products Hydrogen Cars, Pfizer’s Challenge, Tower Building and Space VR Headsets.
· Careers Challenge run by SATRO and supported by our STEM volunteers based on a humanitarian engineering project in Africa.
Students also had the opportunity to meet: careers representatives from HEON (Higher Education Outreach Network) and Farnborough College of Technology. With the opportunity to find out more about the SATRO Research Work Placement programme, see reports and presentations of work submitted in 2021 and meet some of the A-Level students who undertook research with companies.
Feedback from the day has been overwhelmingly positive:
- 62% met someone or took part in an activity at SATROfest that has changed their attitude to STEM careers;
- 75% felt that they had been introduced to STEM careers they didn’t know about;
- 64% are more interested in studying STEM after they leave school;
- 50% are more likely to take part in a STEM club or activity;
- 82% would like to have more STEM activities in school.
- The number of students whose understanding of what the world of work is all about increased from 55% to 88%
- The number of students that expressed that they were very confident in their ability to engage with employers rose from 17% to 52%
- The number of students who had a very good understanding of what studying at Higher Education would be like increased from 59% to 84%
- The number of students whose understanding of the benefits of apprenticeships increased from 43% to 62%
- coding a robot vehicle on Mars to pick up an astronaut
- visualise Mars with our 3D headsets
- examine the types of rocks scientists are looking for
- take the Mars Quiz with our clikapad voting buttons
- Are grey, blue and purple hydrogen colourful stepping stones to an entirely green hydrogen market?
- How can catalysts help improve our lives in the 21st century?
- Considering the perspectives of enforcers, businesses and the public do remote food inspections work?
- Radiation is often a very misunderstood branch of physics. Debunk four radiation myths that influence a person's perception of radiation.
- Design and test an ArcGIS Survey123 App to engage secondary school students with, and record, local wildlife as a step towards launching a citizen science program for this age group.
- Review and adapt Pfizer UK's Superbugs Schools Outreach Resources including to learn about viruses, pandemics and vaccinations.
- Constructing and Building Design Management: how are problems solved?