Employability Skills Resources
Our aim here at SATRO is to inspire and enthuse young people in their understanding of STEM subjects and careers. Our activities and events encourage students to challenge their perceptions and look at new innovative ways of thinking as they learn.
Our team have selected this material for you with those aims in mind. We hope it will continue to inspire your interest in STEM.
What we provide on this page links to existing websites and materials, recognising their ownership and responsibility for the content. We are not recommending any particular information source, rather we are trying to expand your horizons in looking for information that will be of interest to you.
Introduction to Employability Skills
Employability Skills can be defined as the transferable skills needed by an individual to make them 'employable'. Along with good technical understanding and subject knowledge, employers often outline a set of skills that they want from an employee. These skills are what they believe will equip the employee to carry out their role to the best of their ability.
What are the Employability Skills?
- Using Your Initiative and Being Self-Motivated
- Examples of how self-motivation and initiative can be developed or evidenced
- Employability Skills - What That Means
- Skills in Action
- The Value of Employability Skills to the UK Economy
- 10 Job Skills You'll Need in 2020 and Beyond
- What is Creative Thinking
- Six Jobs for 2030 and The Skills They Will Need
- Numeracy - The Maths We Need in Work
- What Skills are Employers Looking For?
- Soft Skills gained through Apprenticeships
- 5 Key Skills Companies look for in an Apprentice
- Top 5 TED Talks to Master Employability Skills
- The Skills Needed to be an Entrepreneur
- Famous Entrepreneurs in the UK
- Leadership Styles
- Leadership Styles of the Most Successful CEO's
- Working Collaboratively
- What Are My Skills?
- Building Confidence
- Top 10 Interpersonal Skills
Links to SATRO Activities
- A World of Energy
- Energy Monitoring Challenge
- Enterprise and Business Game
- Fascinating Fossils
- Fun Maths
- Mega-Structures Challenge
- Programming and Robotics